If you are not pleased with your smile and at the same time unenthusiastic about a mouth filled with metal braces, then there is a solution for you. Invisalign, also known as clear braces, may be the answer to your problems. Invisalign eliminates the uneasiness of metal wires and, at the same time, takes care of your aesthetic concerns. The Invisalign treatment involves virtually invisible aligners that straighten the teeth without resorting to the unattractive metal bands, brackets, or wires. The custom-made trays are convenient and removable, enabling you to eat, brush, and floss comfortably. The clear plastic aligners are discreet and thus barely visible to others. The Invisalign procedure is being considered a highly effective treatment for teeth straightening.
What are the dental problems that can be treated by Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign can help treat the problems that include the following:
- Invisalign braces can help close the gaps that have developed in between the teeth.
- The crookedness or overlapping teeth can be rectified.
- Conditions such as minor overbites, underbites, and crossbites in which the upper teeth settle inside the lower teeth can be treated with Invisalign treatment.
- It also helps correct the protrusion of the tooth due to poor alignment.
What are the steps involved in Invisalign treatment?
- Consultation: To get started with the Invisalign treatment process, you will need to schedule an appointment with an orthodontist. During this appointment, your doctor will decide whether you are a suitable candidate for treatment and design a personalized treatment plan accordingly. Then X-rays, photographs, and impressions of your teeth are taken to send out for processing.
- Manufacture of Invisalign Custom Aligners:With advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology, the impressions taken during the first appointment will be analyzed and transformed into a custom-made series of clear, removable aligners. The patient will be able to see the expected progress of their smile through this imaging system. This step is done before the treatment's commencement to give you a clear image of the projected outcome.
- Fixing the Invisalign Aligners: During your next visit, you will be given your aligners. Each set of aligners in the series has to be worn continuously for about two weeks and removed only when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. You have to ensure that you visit your dentist every four to six weeks to ensure that treatment progresses as planned. The treatment is complete once all the set of aligners in the series are worn. The standard treatment time, which depends on the case's complexity, usually is six months to one year. However, it is suggested that you wear a retainer after treatment is complete to stop your teeth from relocating to their original positions. Similar to the braces, the length of time the retainers should be worn may vary.
Call Elan Dental Center at (919)-556-6761 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign