General dentistry is an all-encompassing term used to cover many complex and straightforward dentistry procedures. The main aim of general dentistry is to improve your overall oral health as well as the aesthetics of your smile. A general dentist provides minor, preventive care for their patients and helps them manage their oral health so that they do not have to undergo more intensive treatments in the future. They want to ensure that your oral health is in its best state and positively contributes to your entire body's heal.
What are some standard General Dentistry services?
- Dental Bonding: The reasons for dental bonding treatment include improving the tooth shape, straightening the teeth, and repairing chipped, gapped, cracked, or stained teeth. For this, tooth-colored materials are used to provide additional structural support. The bonding materials used are chosen to match your existing teeth.
- Veneers: Veneers are an excellent option to address cosmetic flaws such as gapped, stained, discolored, misshaped, chipped, or crooked teeth without having to undergo oral surgery. Veneers are a tooth-colored, thin, customized material that is secured to your existing teeth' surface. They are hugely popular due to their durability and natural appearance.
- Teeth Whitening:In-office bleaching offers the fastest way to whiten teeth. In this method, the whitening product is smeared directly to the teeth' surface. The outcome of this treatment can be seen in just over an hour.
- Crowns: Dental crowns support the cosmetic fixtures for your teeth. Crowns are typically used when patients are suffering from chipped or damaged teeth. But they can also be used to cover unsightly flaws to the tooth's shape and to make them structurally strong. The crown is cemented to an existing tooth, fully protecting it from the gum line to the biting surface. They can be fabricated from porcelain, gold alloy, or metals, but porcelain offers a near-perfect appearance of the natural teeth.
- Bridges:They are artificial teeth, which bridge the gap between two remaining teeth. They appear like natural teeth. The missing teeth may be a consequence of decay or a sports injury. Bridges offer an excellent alternative to enhance the appearance of your smile. But more significantly, they strengthen the jawline.
- Dental Implants:Dental implants are another method for replacing missing teeth if the bridges cannot solve your problem. However, the procedure is much more complicated and lengthy. Made from various materials, implants are titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawline in place of the missing teeth. While the process is lengthy, they are better solutions for many of the patients with missing teeth.
- White Composite Fillings:Cavities are common, and composite fillings can help fix them. When patients have a cavity, it's crucial to address the situation head-on. Ignoring a cavity can lead to tooth decay, which can cause the tooth's loss, among other things.
- Tooth Extractions:An extraction is carried out to remove a tooth, whether due to disease, crowding, or damage. The portion around the tooth will be numbed before the tooth is extracted.
Call Elan Dental Center at (919)-556-6761 or schedule an online appointment to know more about General Dentistry.