Cosmetic dentistry's main emphasis is on the aesthetics of your teeth, gums, and overall smile. A smile is the first thing that gets noticed in a person, and most people try to ensure that it's as beautiful as they can make it. Confidence is a penchant, and with healthy teeth and a beautiful smile, you get that boost to your self-esteem.
Cosmetic Dentistry can give you a stunning smile and at the same time help you maintain good oral health. When you are pleased with your teeth's appearance, you are more likely to take better care of them.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are several benefits to improving your smile with the help of cosmetic dentistry. The most significant thing is an increased sense of confidence that transmits into your everyday life. You will start showing off your new smile, which would get noticed by those around you. Some patients also start looking and feeling younger with a beautiful smile.
Cosmetic dentistry could even help prevent damage to your teeth and gums. You are more likely to take proper care of your teeth. Rectifying flaws such as cracks or missing teeth can help fight gum disease and tooth decay. The missing teeth are important to be replaced with dental implants, or else they can cause bone deterioration, teeth shifting and lead to more tooth loss.
Cosmetic dentistry can restore and improve your smile, whether you have chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth, and this turn will have a significant constructive influence on your life.
What are the different types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Porcelain Veneers: They look very similar to natural teeth and are durable. The veneers are fixed to the teeth' front surface to help hide the flaws underneath them. A multipurpose treatment, veneers can conceal chips, stains, worn edges, and many other problems. They are also helpful to close the gaps between the teeth.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are attached over a weak tooth and offer protection while simultaneously restoring the tooth's whole shape. Dental crowns may be used for cracked, decayed, or broken teeth or as part of a dental implant or bridge.
- Teeth Whitening:It is pretty common for teeth to get yellowed or discolored due to various reasons. However, with the aid of professional teeth whitening procedures, your smile can be made brighter and whiter.
- Gum Contouring: A person may feel awkward with their smile if they have an uneven gum line, which means gum tissue shows when they grin. Gum contouring performed by dentists helps create a symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing gum line.
- Dental Bridges:A dental bridge is a solution for replacing missing teeth. Dental bridges reinstate your smile as well as the full function of your teeth.
- Inlays/Onlays: They are more extensive than tooth fillings but not as large as a tooth crown. Inlays and onlays ensure protection for damaged and decayed teeth.
- Tooth Bonding:Small chips on teeth can be treated with tooth bonding, which involves the dentists using a unique dental material to restore the tooth's entire shape.
Call Elan Dental Center at (919)-556-6761 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry.